! You accepted an offer on your home!
The clock is now ticking and you’ve got to get moving…literally!
I know that you just LOVE your little darlings, but seriously, !?
- Have them help label boxes. They could write what room each box belongs in on a color coordinated label, or if they are older, they can grab a Sharpie and make a bullet point list on the side of the box of the contents. Too young to write? Just have them draw pictures on the side of the box.
- Give them the job of packing their toys! Now is not the time to go all Monica Geller on them. they may want to pack their dolls with blankets & bottles and arrange them in a particular way. Just go with it. This is one thing they can control and it keeps them busy for a while so bonus!
- Send them to a trusted neighbor. If you are moving soon, they may not get to see your neighbors very often anymore, so your kids will enjoy playing with the kids in the neighborhood.
- Pack while they are at school. Class is still in session for a couple more weeks. Use your time wisely and pack while they are at school! Yes, you may need to take a personal day, but if you plan in advance, you could have a really productive day and be much less stressed on moving day. Ask a friend to join you, Margaritas and a great Spotify playlist help.
- Give them a few boxes and let them get creative. Forts, rocket ships, boats, baby beds… their little minds will go wild with ideas. Then at night, set up a “drive in theater” for them as a reward! Have them sit in box with a blanket and movie night snack tray to watch their favorite movie. Go ahead and join them – you need to rest up too so you can do it all over again tomorrow!
I hope you found some of these tips helpful!
Cheers to a successful moving day! ~ Nacho
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment