Is this something you worry about when it comes to starting the home buying process?
The last thing you want is to find that house you love only to move in and realize it’s just a little too long of a drive to work and you hate sitting in traffic everyday, you can hear a lot of traffic when that was something you really didn’t want to deal with, the location isn’t convenient for your morning coffee runs or you’re disappointed by the lack of options for dining in town…
There are things you can do to avoid that buyer’s remorse and find a home AND location you love. Here are a few things to start doing now!
Grab your car keys and let’s go!
- Tour different neighborhoods – are there specific areas you really love or that have attractions that are important to you like a bike trail, walking distance to the downtown or a community pool?
- Look for nearby attractions that are important to you! Is it the coffee shop, a yoga studio, etc.
- Tourist Mode – while you’re out and about, stop for lunch, grab a latte from the local coffee shop, pop into the local boutique, and walk around to see what else you like or don’t love about the area.
- Keep an open mind! Sometimes we don’t realize how great a particular area is because we think it’s a little too far west or maybe there’s a town that you haven’t really explored. yet that would be perfect for you!
- Test out your work commute – Actually make the drive from the area you’re considering to the office and see if it works for you!
PRO TIP: Don’t narrow your search location too much or else you’ll receive less listings. Sometimes it’s best to keep your options open especially in a competitive market.